4 Genius Ways to make your skin glow
Getting a fair skin is not all about applying a fairness cream or applying a sunscreen lotion before you venture outdoors. You need to take care of your dietary habits by including lot of fruits and semi-cooked vegetables to your daily diet. You can snack dry fruits like almonds, cashews, raisins and walnuts in between your meal and tea. By including natural foods to your daily intake of food, you get a nutritious dose of essential vitamins, minerals healthy oils and antioxidants your body, hair, and skin, badly need. Drink at least 8 glasses of water, every day. Exercise for 30 minutes every alternate day. These lifestyle changes help the glow and radiance of your skin, come from within enhancing your natural glow
Here is a quick run-down of 4 home-based face packs, helping you get a fairer complexion and leaving you with a super-luscious glow
1. Tea Water and honey pack
Tea helps your body flush out free radicals and harmful chemicals present in your body. You can use tea water for your body bath as well. Splash cool tea water with flavors like mint, chamomile, lavender, green tea and peppermint. Your face gets an instant glow. Similarly honey destroys the bacteria present on the skin, only to leave your skin more hydrated. These beauty tips on skin care definitely take you places and help you remain youthful.
Ingredients needed for the pack
- 1 cup of tea water (at room temperature and sufficiently cooled down)
- 2 spoons of rice flour (Rice is a natural moisturizer and a scrubber. Rice scrub spa is something you can look forward to, in oriental salons)
- ½ a tsp of honey.
Way of preparation
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly with the help of a spatula. You need to place the contents into a clean bowl.
- Apply the mask on your face, neck, hands or legs, or wherever you see tan or uneven pigmentation.
- Leave on, for 20-25 minutes until the mask completely dries up.
- Massage the mask over circular motions.
- Rinse off with cold water.
2. Golden ingredients like oatmeal and lemon, as a face pack
Lemon is rich in Vitamin C and essential antioxidants. You can use lemon as a scrubber, to take out impurities, acne and other ailments, present on the skin. It also has natural skin whitening properties. Oatmeal is a natural exfoliator. People with oily skin can make use of oatmeal pack to get rid of excess oiliness.
Now moving on to, how the pack is prepared
- 1 tablespoon of oatmeal, preferably semi-cooked/ mashed.
- 5 drops of lemon juice
Directions to prepare the pack
- Mix lemon juice with the mashed oatmeal. To make the mask into a semi-solid paste, dilute it, by adding a little water.
- Apply the face mask evenly across your face, neck and other visible areas of the skin.
- Massage gently and leave on for 20 minutes
- Rinse with cool tepid water and pat dry.
This is one of the best beauty tips for a natural glow.
3. Turmeric and tomato face pack
Turmeric has medicinal properties and is one of those ways to bring glow on skin. No wonder the bride looks so gorgeous after the Haldi ceremony.Turmeric is a very good exfoliating agent, which also prevents the skin from aging. It is helpful in removing acne, blemishes, stretch marks and wrinkles away from the skin.
Turmeric and tomato face pack
Tomato has ‘lycopene’ which a skin lightening antioxidant and it has adequate quantities of Vitamin C, to help your skin glow from within.
These are the ingredients you will need
- Tomato juice and
- Turmeric powder
How is the pack prepared?
- Mix 2 tsp of turmeric powder with tomato juice.
- Apply on areas of skin where you find tan and blemishes.
- Let the mask stay on, for 20 minutes
- Rinse off and pat dry.
A superb natural beauty tip on fair skin and a glowing complexion, indeed!
4. A face pack, just before the onset of your wedding day
You may want to head out to a beauty salon, just before the onset of your wedding, and we call it the pre-bridal glow. You can prepare a DIY pack, for the very same effect
- Milk (for a moisturizing effect)
- Turmeric (Instant glow and radiance) and
- Gram flour or Besan powder (which acts as a natural exfoliator)
- Mix all the above-mentioned ingredients, to form a face mask.
- Scrub the powder, gently across your face in gentle rhythmic movements for about 5 minutes and allow the mask to soak in your skin for about 20-25 minutes.
- Rinse off with cool water.
You are ready for the engagement or betrothal ceremony.